I absolutely love how creamy and tangy this salad is… with a decadent sweetness from the dried cranberry that cuts through each bite.
The specific products I’ve linked to below are super clean and so delicious… I highly recommend them for this salad!
I once served this on the side with a big Kotlovina main dish, and everyone went nuts for it! This sweet, tangy salad beautifully compliments spicy, deep savoury dishes.
We also sometimes like making this recipe for 4, and splitting it just between the two of us… it’s so complex and delicious, it makes an incredibly satisfying light meal.
Salad Mix Ingredients:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce or mixed greens, chiffonade style
- 2 cups spinach, chiffonade style
- 2 cups fresh basil, chiffonade style
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt
- ¼ cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup dried whole cranberries, each cut in half
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
1. Toast the almonds and sunflower seeds on the stove over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and starting to brown – transfer to a cool dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Set this aside to mix and develop flavour while you prepare your greens.
3. Chiffonade all of your greens and toss them on top of the yogurt dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Immediately portion out each serving of salad and top with an equal distribution of toasted almonds and sunflower seeds.
5.Serve immediately – salad does not keep well with the heavy dressing, so store the dressing and the chiffonade greens separate in the fridge until ready to serve.